Roberto Llorens graduated from the Universitat Politècnica de València (Valencia, Spain) with a major in Telecommunications Engineering. He also earned a Masters in Technology, Communication Systems and Networks and got a Doctorate Degree Cum Laude in the same institution, with an Extraordinary Doctorate Award.
Dr Llorens is the group leader of the Neurorehabilitation and Brain Research Group of the Universitat Politècnica de València, which is focused on assessing and promoting the recovery of brain function after an injury, and on examining the underlying mechanisms of different brain processes. Roberto has participated and led many research projects funded by local and national agencies and supervised diverse academic works.
Its scientific activity has resulted in numerous journal and conference papers, some of which are the result of research internships and active participation in the most relevant scientific societies of his research areas, such as the International Brain Injury Association, where he serves in the board of governors. His early career was awarded with the Early Career Investigator Award of the International Society for Virtual Rehabilitation, which recognizes outstanding scientific work in the field, and with his inclusion in the Program for Talented Researchers of the Generalitat Valenciana, first as a Junior Researcher, and later as a Researcher of Excellence, which highlight the relevance of his contributions and the international projection in the initial phase of his research career.
Roberto Llorens is currently a Distinguished Researcher of Universitat Politècnica de València, where he consolidates his research career.
- Graphic Techniques in Biomedical Engineering. Degree in Biomedical Engineering. Universitat Politècnica de València . Year: 2023 to date. Credits: 6.
- Minimally invasive technology. Degree in Biomedical Engineering. Universitat Politècnica de València . Year: 2015-2018 and 2023 to date. Credits: 6.
- New technologies in physiotherapy. Master of Science in Physiotherapy. School of health sciences. Zurich University of Applied Sciences . Year: 2022 to date. Credits: 1.1.
- Functional recovery and new neurorehabilitation technology. Master’s Degree in Functional Recovery in Physiotherapy. Universitat de València . Year: 2016 to date. Credits: 1.3.
- Innovations in image diagnosis and clinical assessment and application to functional recovery. Master’s Degree in Functional Recovery in Physiotherapy. Universitat de València . Year: 2016 to date. Credits: 0.3.
- Psychology of videogames. Degree in Design and Development of Videogames and Interactive Experiences. Florida Universitària . Year: 2018-2022. Credits: 6.
- Serious games. Degree in Design and Development of Videogames and Interactive Experiences. Florida Universitària . Year: 2020-2022. Credits: 6.